top of page

Unemployment, TANF, SNAP & Gold Card

If you live in zip codes 77005, 77025, 77030, 77045, 77081 or 77401, then call our Society of St. Vincent de Paul Church Conference Helpline at 713-664-5350 or email

If you live elsewhere in the greater Houston area please contact 713-741-8234, vist this website, or call 211 or visit .

You might also find support by reaching out to the resources listed below.

Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) Unemployment Benefits:

To submit an unemployment application you will need:

  • Last employer's business name and address

  • First and last dates (month, day and year) you worked for your last employer

  • Number of hours worked and pay rate if you worked this week (including Sunday)

  • Information related to your normal wage

  • Alien Registration Number (if not a U.S. citizen or national)

TANF: One time financial assistance.

SNAP/Food Stamps:

Harris Health (Gold Card):

Program information on this resource page is subject to change. We recommend calling to confirm the information listed above.

bottom of page