top of page

Assistance Organizations

If you live in zip codes 77005, 77025, 77030, 77045, 77081 or 77401, then call our Society of St. Vincent de Paul Church Conference Helpline at 713-664-5350 or email

If you live elsewhere in the greater Houston area please contact 713-741-8234, vist this website, or call 211 or visit .

BakerRipley Central: Utility Assistance Hotline 713-590-2327, 3838 Aberdeen Way, Houston, TX 77025 4450 Harrisburg Blvd, Houston, Texas 77011. Mon thru Thu 7:00am-12:00pm; Fri 8:00am-12:00pm closed Sat and Sun. Must call to make an appointment. Assists with utility bills only.

Utility Assistance Requirements:

  • Resident of Harris County Must meet the US Department of Health and Human Services Income Guidelines

  • Proof of identity – Current/Valid Texas Driver’s License, Texas ID, US Passport, US Military ID or US

  • Permanent Resident Card

  • Provide proof of income for the last 30 days for all household members eighteen (18) years of age and older such as employer gross wages, Social Security, Unemployment, Food Stamp Award Letter, Retirement, VA Disability, etc.

  • Provide a current Electric Bill – Reliant customers must provide their meter number

  • Provide a current Gas Bill (If applicable)

  • Electric and/or Gas Disconnection Notices (If applicable)

Braes Interfaith Ministries: at Willow Meadows Baptist Church, 4300 W. Bellfort Blvd, Houston, Tx. 77035, 713-723-2671, Must live in the following zip codes: 77025, 35, 45, 51, 71, 85, & 96. Help with up to $100 for some utilities companies. Not all electric companies. Mon&Wed. & Fri. No appointments needed. Must present proof of address.

Brentwood Baptist Church: 713-852-1400, press 6 for Outreach. 13033 Landmark Street, Houston, TX 77045. Hours: Mon-Fri 9:00am-7:00pm and Sunday 7:00am-1:00pm. Call for Interview.

Chinese Community Service Center: 713-271-6100 (9800 Town Park, Houston, Texas 77036) Hours: Tues 9:00am to 12:00pm. Assists with utilities after cut-off notice, Senior and employment services)

Christian Community Service Center (CCSC) Central: 713-871-9741, 3434 Branard, Houston, TX 77027, Hours: Mon thru Fri 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM; closed Sat and Sun (call to schedule appointment): Appointments scheduled on first call basis. Only four (4) appointments scheduled per day. Phone lines open at 10:00am. Please start calling at 9:50am to be one of the first four (4) in line for an appointment.

Rent Assistance Requirements:

  • Must have an appointment or Church Referral (first four callers are given automatic appointments for next day)

  • Must have lived in apartment for at least four months (unless given a referral)

  • Must be in CCSC zip codes served (Church Referrals assist all zip code areas)

  • Bring photo ID/Birth Certificate/Passport (required for all clients and must match lease or bill)

  • Eviction/vacate notice and a copy of the lease

  • Must not have received assistance from CCSC in prior 365 days (3 total lifetime assists)

 CCSC Central Food Pantry: May have a one-week supply of food 6 times, as often as needed, in a six-month period. Mon-Fri 10:00am-2:00pm, Sat 9:00am-12:00pm

 CCSC Central Clothing Pantry: 10 pieces of clothing per household member

Christian Community Service Center (CCSC) Southwest: 713-871-9741 serving the following zip codes: 77031, 77036, 77072, 77074, 6856 Bellaire Blvd, Houston, TX 77074, located on the Gethsemane Campus of St. Luke’s United Methodist Church) Hours: Mon and Tues & Thurs and Fri 10:00am11:00pm; Sat 9:00am-12:00pm, closed Wed and Sun. Call to schedule appointment. Appointments scheduled on first call basis. Only four (4) appointments scheduled per day. Phone lines open at 10:00am. Please start calling at 9:50am to be one of the first four (4) in line for an appointment. Rent Assistance Requirements: (same as above for Central location)

CCSC Food Pantry: May have a one-week supply of food 6 times (often as needed) in a six-month period (hours - Mon&Tues; Thurs-Fri 10:00am-1:00om, Sat 9:00am-12:00pm - closed Wed and Sun)

City of Houston W.A.T.E.R. Fund: 713-371-1400 Water bills only.

City Wide Club: 713-752-2582, 4101 San Jacinto St # 206, Houston, TX 77004. Hours: Tues and Thursday 10:00am-1:00pm. Rent and Utility Assistance Requirements:

  • Call to request assistance - no walk-ins

  • Must be able to verify household income

  • Copy of Utility bill or phone number of landlord to verify rent amount

Epiphany Community Health Outreach Services ECHOS (Southwest Harris County)

9894 Bissonnet St. #918, Houston, TX 77036, (713) 270-0369

Service(s) Provided: Application Assistance (8:00-2:00) Mon-Thurs, Financial Assistance (Rent & Utilities zip restricted), Food Pantry, Healthcare Mobile Clinics, Health Care Screening Service Area: 77031,77035,77036,77071,77072,77074,77081,77096,77099

If you are interested in applying for Financial Assistance, please call our office at 713-270-0369 to ask if there is room to be added to the waiting list. You must speak to one of our staff members.

DO NOT leave a voice message.  You must have proof of address and a valid lease in your name. 

First Baptist (Long Point Baptist): 713-957-5863, 8009 Long Point Road, Houston, TX, Hours: Mon thru Thurs 7:30am-11:00am. Arrive at 5:00 am. Rent Assistance Requirements:

  • Last employment needs to be no longer than 5 months in the past and you must have been employed for at least 1 month

  • If seeking assistance due to a recent expense, such as home repair, car repair, medical or funeral expenses, you must provide a copy of those receipts

  • Two copies of lease or bill (they do not provide assistance for telephone or electric bills)

  • Copy of Eviction or Vacate notice

  • Social Security Cards for all residents

  • IDs for all adults residents

  • Employment Verification (pay stub)

First Baptist Food Pantry: 8244 Long Point, Mon thru Thurs & Sat 10:00am-1:00pm

Gulf Coast Community Services: 713-393-4700, 9320 Kirby Drive, Houston, TX 77054, Mon thru Fri 8:00am-5:00pm. Call to schedule appointment. Rent or Electric Assistance Requirements:

  • Must complete and submit an online or paper application You will be contacted for an appointment after application is submitted and reviewed

  • During the appointment each neighbor is expected to complete a Service Agreement with a GCCS professional order to receive a rental or utility assistance. Service Agreements consist of participation in at least one ongoing class (ABE/GED, Nutrition, ESL, SSL, Business Applications, Money Management, etc.) during a two-month period.

  • You must have an eviction or disconnect notice from landlord or electricity provider.

  • You must be a resident of Harris County.

  • You must meet Federal Income Guidelines for poverty in accordance with number living in household.

GCCS Food Pantry: Neighbors may have 3-5 days of food no more than one time per year. Monday-Friday 9:00am–4:00pm; walk-ins welcome.

Transportation: Gulf Coast provides Metro Q Cards to neighbors seeking employment and/or attending GCCS educational programs. Neighbor must be a resident of Harris County and meet Federal Income Guidelines for poverty in accordance with number living in household in order to qualify

Harris County Social Services: 713-696-7900,,  9418 Jensen Drive, Houston, Texas 77093, Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm. Clients are seen on a walk-in basis and waiting time will depend upon the amount of appointments scheduled that day. Rent and Utility Assistance Requirements:

  • Utility must already be disconnected and dated within the past 30 days.

  • Utility bill must be in applicant’s name.

  • Applicant must reside in household seeking assistance.

  • Current government issued identification and Social Security card (Your ID must be current). Copies of identification will NOT be accepted.

  • You must be a US Citizen or properly documented immigrant. If you were not born in the United States but your minor children (who live with you) were born in the United States, you must provide their original birth certificate.

  • House deed or lease agreement or housing contract.

  • Proof of current or most recent income and/or proof of past management of bills/rent. Verification of ALL income must be provided for ALL household members who are receiving income. Income documentation must be verifiable. Income documentation may include, SS Disability award letters, TANF award letters, Food Stamp award letters, VA award letters, Child Support, paycheck stubs, letter from employer. If there is no income from a household member who is 18 years or older, a certification of income form must be completed.

  • Bank Transaction History Report and receipts (for the last 30 days from the date of appointment).

  • Verification of other assistance. If you are currently receiving assistance from another agency/or organization, please provide proof of ALL pledges and assistance.

My Brother's Keeper: 281-498-9933, 12621 Bissonnet Street, Houston, Texas 77099. Provides partial financial assistance for rent, food and/or utilities. Mon., Wed. & Fri. 10:00am-2:00pm). Rent and Utility Assistance.

Northwest Area Ministries: 281-885-4555 15555 Kuykendahl Rd, Houston, TX 77090, Help families that apply online at, selecting 12 families that are most in need, every Thursday. If not selected, they can apply again for the next week. They will serve the following zip codes: 77014; 77032; 77038; 77050; 77060; 77070; 77073; 77086; 77090; 77373; 77379; 77388; 77389

Riceville Mt. Olive Baptist Church: 713-778-0992 or 713-774-4880,, 11539 South Gessner Rd, Houston, TX 77071. Mon-Fri. 9:00am-5:00pm. Call last Friday of the month and leave message for an appointment. They will call back on Wednesday with appointment date/time. Based on available funds. Rent and Utility Assistance Requirements:

  • Call last Friday of the month (to leave a message on last Friday of month, press Financial Assistance when prompted and someone from Social Services Committee will call you back by following Wednesday)

  • Need valid ID and Social Security Card

  • Copy of lease (and vacate notice if applicable)

  • Copy of current utility bill and/or disconnect notice

Salvation Army of Greater Houston: 713-752-0677,, 1500 Austin Street, Houston, Texas 77002,  Rent, utilities, food and clothing assistance first and third Wed of each month from 9:00am-11:00am. Call in advance to insure funds are available. At Risk of Homeless Program: 713-658-9205 (only for court evictions) Rent Assistance: (press 1) You must live within the Harris County Appraisal District and be able to demonstrate loss of income, ability to maintain home after assistance, and financial need. Please bring the following documents to the appointment:

  • Late notice, eviction notice or court eviction documents

  • Lease (all pages include addendums)

  • Bring two forms of ID

  • Documentation of unexpected loss of income

Wesley Community Center: 713-223-8131 or 713-821-8917,, 1410 Lee Street Houston, Texas, Mon–Fri 8:00am–5:00pm (rent, utilities, food, employment) Clients must meet with Employment, Financial and Income Support Coaches and provide required documentation as specified below. Enrollment by appointment only. Rent and Utility Assistance Requirements:

  • Valid Identification

  • Proof of residence

  • Social Security card

  • Lease and Vacate Notice

  • SNAP Award Letter

WHAM - West Houston Area Ministries: 713-780-2727,, 10501 Meadowglen Lane, Houston, TX 77042, The following zip codes are served for financial assistance:  77036,77042, 77057, 77063, 77072, 77077, 77082, 77083 and 77099.

Wheeler Avenue Baptist Church: 713-747-7101,,  3826 Wheeler Avenue, Houston, Texas 77004, Monday thru Thursday 9:00am-1:00pm. Do not leave a message. Rent and Utility Assistance Requirements:

  • Must call to schedule an appointment (no walk-ins)

  • Employment verification (pay stub) for past 60 days

  • Lease, Eviction/Vacate notice or utility bill

  • Money order receipt showing some amount of self-payment toward balance and a ledger or statement from leasing/mortgage or utility company (they do not accept landlord receipts)

  • Valid ID and Social Security Card

  • Can receive assistance once every 2 years

Information on this resource page is subject to change. We recommend calling to confirm the information listed above.

bottom of page